Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Play with me

Baked in the blackest of yesterdays
Castrated by the whim of my own thoughts
Visions swirl reluctantly impassioned with the shit that happens
I could have killed myself if I had a gun
Devils tears stain the carpet where I lay in self forgiveness
The cigarette burns to the filter as my fingers blister
There is no more pain as my mouth is dry

See her
See her?
The ones with the green eyes

I want to forget
Not forgive
I can only if I die

As I open my eyes
I can see no one crying

Sympathy is never-ending if given by the dozen
Condescending mantras trail to the far off corners of my mind
Common man bends on knee and prays for forgiveness of my soul
Im hitting the wall as my bloodied knuckles feel no pain
Begging for you to quit as impassioned pleas fall on deaf ears
I cut the vein that carried this inequity in my life as it falls barren on the ground
Id rather be a severed sin as live yesterdays delusions on the mantle of my life

Look
Look at yourself
The colour of your lies
Are a sin

Live to forgive
Never forget
We all die
A little piece of sadness
Delivered me to madness
To hold in hand
What I can burn today
Play with me

Come

Play with me

No comments: