Friday, June 10, 2011

I shed a single tear

With all the pain I watched you live with
I look at the sky and cry
If I could have given you better days
You know I would have
I cannot hold you forever
Like I promised
In those younger days
When forever seemed so far away
Another time in a far away land
So I sit in those trying times
And cry
But these tears do not ease our pain
Or erase what has been
Or what will come
Feeling so helpless
So helpless
Feeling less than I could have been
I should have been there for you
For us
But my life's journey lead me elsewhere
As did yours
My cheeks remain dry
These tears flow constantly
But I cannot cry forever
I can cry for days
Crying a million lifetimes
I should have been there
Look to the sky
Stars shed them for me
I walk away again
Dragging my boots upon the ground
Taking with me all the sorrow
Turn before I cry again

No comments: