Friday, June 3, 2011

All I ask

Stripped back from the excess’s of disillusion
I break another heart on my road to perdition
Humbled by the ghosts of life as they whisper to me

Sweet innocence you left and deserted this life
Empty in my search for the better man in me
A promise broken till the very end

Rebuild dissolved trust in the clouds of being
A sense of purpose left the artist creating the canvas
As the ravens circle sure in the eyes they will be soon devouring

Bad witches feel the rise in the selfish dawn
Colours of gold and sinew splashed upon the world
Until then my friend can we still hold hands

Distances keep us apart from the clasp of our love
Millions have watched and witnessed but can we breathe as one again
I will sing you my lullaby of sorrow and tainted blood that has flowed

Separate the changes that have left this taste bitter
Lifted on the wing it will raise me to the beyond
Suffer in silence until the reunified begin as one

Never forget the life is truly one until the flame is lit once more
Restless in forgiveness takes the pain as my health wastes away
Resting now upon the fallen child as I suffer in this pain alone

In doubt and circumstance we will live again
Afflicted in the humility we are all born with
I bow my head for the last time and live for the chance to forgive

No comments: