Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Prayer

A Prayer
by Adrian Giannini
If I could hold you one last time
Before you went and whispered goodbye Passed off into the setting sun Will I get to see you once more If I could I would have Tried so hard to convince you Not to leave this place to start anew Your smile cast upon my memories A look into a babe at arms Your face within theres A presence forever more A psychical reminder of you But move on you must Endeavour to secure a better place A future without torment With the hope of a future to join us You asked that I not shed a tear A tear I shed a must Fall upon this god forsaken land Absorbed into the river of tears and blood that already exists But god hear me now as I say this prayer Protect this man in his travels He has not deserted this land or family But fights for us to have a better life
© Adrian AIDZ Giannini 2010


Read more:
http://hellopoetry.com/poem/a-prayer-9/#ixzz1E7MaHolY

No comments: