Monday, April 29, 2013

Taste of the rusty blade

I rest in the bosom of the muse


The breeze carried the soft wish of melancholia 

When I thought of you now

 

At peace with my silence

I can bury you within my skin

 

A resemblance of honeysuckle is glistening on these memories

I close and withdraw

 

Let the sun warm

Let it warm

 

Internal I sense nothing of regret

Only that I never held you

 

Allow the cold gossamer sheen of winter to descend

Forgetfully the shadows of an angels wing covers the scars of time

 

Your eyes

Those eyes

 

Breathe

Yes breathe

 

A single grain of sand engraved with my words of love for you

Cast me among the heavens as I learn to love alone

 

 

Aback I ride the red serpent slithering the moons

Taste of the scales born of the blood I shed

 

Forgetful I slip

And taste of the rusty blade



2 comments:

Laurie Kolp said...

I'm pretty sure I commented on this yesterday, but wanted to tell you again how much I like it.

Brian Miller said...

really like the offbeat repetition of some lines...like the eyes...the breathe....let it warm...the bury you in my skin line is tight too sir...