Saturday, April 20, 2013

Sǽcula In mortis Sǽcula In vitam

 

Ego somniant Musa/ I dream of the muse




Eternally on my scared and vacant heart

You sleep with me

 

I never dreamt to be alone

 

But

 

Your eyes are a thousand miles from the sun

And the words that you lost

Buried 

 

Chase as I do 

Emotions littered on the floor

Discarded as hopes and wishes

For another

 

As this funeral never ends

My shadow is along beside me

And the other

Remains silent 

As only one can be

 

I scratch my thoughts

Whispered in blood

Upon this postcard

Discordant of words

Discordant of heartbeats

 

A chance of letting go

Etched in a dozen kisses

Empaled of the stalks of a dozen roses

Thorns pricked of a dozen fingers

 

This blood leeches black

And stains the ground

In the ink of a tattoo’d heart

Quod me nutrit me destruit

 

Sǽcula

In mortis

 

Sǽcula

In vitam

 

Forever

In death

 

Forever

In life



No comments: