Saturday, April 6, 2013

I dream to remember

In rest the muse opens my eyes


I have to breathe you in the shadows

Drinking my coffee in the mornings

Read the yesterdays as a glimpse

Discarded as the breeze from a breath

Memories go astray

 

Only colour I see is black

Painted on the sunset littered in gold

Stained

Several feathers lay beside

When you say you loved me

 

I try to remember what it was like

In the taste of whiskey on your lips

Stale cigarettes on my clothes

Sitting on a summer evening

Listening between the words

 

Smells

Fractals cascade disturbingly serene

Listen to the soundscapes

Shattered on several visions

Kiss me before the nightfall

 

Hand in hand walk into the night

Dive into jade eyes kissed into blue

Dance entwined as lovers

Serpentine 

Love coated in hues of silver

 

Shed my skin

Allow madness in 

Runes tattoo’d a heart in solitude

Severed veins scared from rust

Born on blades

 

If love is what Im missing

I live without words

I weep several lifetimes

In a tattoo of an angel

Feathers engulfed in flames




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I weep several lifetimes...
Got to this line and had to exhale. So sad, the missing, in this piece Adrian.

http://www.kimnelsonwrites.com/2013/04/08/words-work/