Wednesday, April 17, 2013

I sit and I wait in the shadows/ and the flames still dance reprise

I mourn the muse as she mourns me


Sunday morn

In the dawn

Cool brisk air

Still on the breeze

And I wait

 

Cup my hands

And blow

Between the thumbs

Warm

Warming

And I wait

 

The world goes about waking

I watch

From afar

Barely aware

Of my presence and theirs

And I wait

 

Dew glistens on a tear drop

The world refracted

In its essence

Inverted

I watch 

And I wait

 

It should be soon

Yes soon

I drift in on the time

Counting the droplets in the fog

To pass the while

And I wait

 

Impressions left in shadows

Places where we had been 

In time

Left to last on a memory

Mine

And I wait

 

I know it will never be the same

How can it?

When you left on the dance of the flame

Our love 

In the forever

Forgiven

In the forever

Entangled in the shadows and mists

In the forever

In the last dance of a flame




1 comment:

Claudia said...

the world refracted in its essence..love how i can feel the mood here..