Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A small sacrifice

I try and look for the pieces of the puzzle I cannot find
From the cemetery of stilted memories looking for an answer
And yet I keep making it through each day

Sacrificed on an alter of broken fear stained with the good deeds of a few
I carry on with the only thought I had for the day
Is it a misgiving to love the few and not shed a tear

Hanging on by the sheer thread of existence
Counting on both hands the ones that are missing
In the blink of an eye all is forgiven and forgotten, if only this were true

Watching as the world washes backwards
Releasing me from all I had believed was valued in this lifetime
Would I change my ways to carry on regardless

Sacrifices made in the name
Sweet refrain from the world that could have been
I live in the ultimate sin so will you give me my wings

Subtle caress of a harnessed soul
Bleeding through my eyes of a shredded tear
I rest on one knee and cast my look to the heavens

Bathed in the colour of the sun as it remonstrates with the blue
Devour all the loneliness in the gathering souls resting on their way to nirvana
To justify the pieces I’ve left behind of my own that will never see the light of day

No comments: