Friday, May 17, 2013

No-one knows my name

A single whisper is all it takes muse


You left me standing here

In the faeces of butterflies

Disbelieving of the taste you took

Mired on the edge of a broken fingernail

That scratches life from under my skin

 

You tell me you wanted growth

Standing under a crystalline heart

Glittering all these words

Coated in asinine venom

I swallow

 

Left to stand in the shadows

Of the wingless angels

One of the scorned for a fate so few

Long gone since I felt the silence

Spoken choose to tell my name

 

Several heartbeats misaligned

Hunger feeds the sun

Pleading for love in hope

In hope of better

No need to die

 

Left to lay in the place

Where no-one knows my name

Drowned in the sin of my own

Drunk on the blood

I bought to dance




2 comments:

Brian Miller said...

the emotion in this is def palpable...love the tactile scratching of that fingernail as well...and mix of light and dark images...nicely done sir...

Laurie Kolp said...

Powerful, I especially like the first stanza.