Friday, May 24, 2013

Have i?

Shelter me from the rain my muse


Touch the solace on my ever furrowed brow

Liquid the red rain tethers me to earth

Hangs languid while the last falls from oblique skies

Disappearing into the insipid blackness

Becoming hard to swallow bitterness upon my tongue

Less of the sweet coated in yesterdays words

Engraved cold upon marble monuments 

Silent sentinels for the dawn shadows

Intended for other dreams yet to be

Still the lingering doubt remains

Have a I loved you before I loved you into existence


© 2013 Adrian AIDZ Giannini

 

3 comments:

Brian Miller said...

have i loved you before i loved you into existence...wicked closing line man...and def an interesting existential question as well...

Grace said...

I specially like these lines:

Liquid the red rain tethers me to earth
Hangs languid while the last falls from oblique skies

And nice ending question ~

Anonymous said...

Wow...that ending caught me by surprise...