Saturday, May 11, 2013

I remembered once

If I only held the muse's attention


If silence fell into the rain

Would I hear your cries in the wind

Lost into the stillness that abounds

Like a single fallible heartbeat

Absorbing all that is this time

When hope drifts on a change

Silent in the singularity

That is this love

That is when you be mine

 

Into these silent times

Before the rain descends 

Absorbed into my veins

Cupped into supple breast

My lips sing to the sweet tastes

Lingering on a memory

Stirred by a single heartbeat 

I remember this love

It was when I was yours

 

What has prompted this wish

Silently the moonlight washes away

Revealing the ghosts

Marked in autumns leaves upon the earth

Stillness by the roadside

I kiss today forget tomorrow

Drink the holy water

I held this love once

It was then when we .....


4 comments:

Jinksy said...

Rain is seldom silent, but it speaks to the silent places within us...

Unknown said...

Loss and recollection amidst the storm. So many details enrich this piece.

Brian Miller said...

that second stanza is so tender...your loss is palpable...lips to the sweet taste of memory...

Laurie Kolp said...

Oh, so beautifully written, heartfelt, Adrian.