Monday, December 23, 2013

The tip of a rusty blade

Sweet muse drink the black ink with me


Down to my last smoke

Again

But I light it anyway and stare blankly to nowhere

Drawing in the acrid smoke deep

 

No more credit on me phone 

Again

Matters none

Got none to call anyways

No-one calls me

 

Fuck the dirt under my nails

Reminds me of where I am

Again

Earth stains like hell

So hard to remove as I pick with long taloned nails from my other hand

 

Draw deep 

Again

Vagueness as the smoke drifts to nowhere

 

Wasn't supposed to be like this was it?

 

It sits in front of me

Unthreatening

Again

Yet so lethal if I choose

 

If I choose

 

Simple yet so powerful

And I draw deep this time

Allowing the smoke to escape from my nostrils

Like some apocalyptic dragon from another time

 

I hear no sound

Time slows to a heartbeat

Eyes remain unfocused

Smoke drifts

 

If I choose

 

It sits waiting for my choice

My choice

So I wait and smoke this last cigarette

Drawing deep each time

 

No not this time old friend

 the tip of a rusty blade

 

© 2013 Adrian AIDZ Giannini

 

No comments: