Monday, December 2, 2013

a cold breath

No muse to sit beside me


Fold layers into the inky depths

Viewing the stars from a shallow grave

No one at all can hear me breathe

Can they?

 

Inflicted with the malice intended for a few

Striking barbs dipped in acid not ink

Teeth bite a tongue to still the flow

I cannot breathe lest I be heard

 

Things appear larger than shallow intent

Cupped without compassion it bleeds

A target is easier than a mirror

I breathe in silence yet still fear being heard

 

Hearing the baying of hounds

Slipped of collars brandished in bones of the dead

Colours lack depth when painted in ink

A rusty blade strikes at acidic breath

 

I cannot dream you a butterfly

When the sunset bleeds

And I am a martyr to your death

In life I find it hard to breathe

No comments: