Wednesday, October 9, 2013

5.24pm

I cannot save the muse as she saved me

 

Ive spent the days contemplating my final demise

Kissed the angels wings held heavy with the burden of my years

Allowing the walls to close in to greet me once again

This time I noticed a scribble in grey lead pencil

A name hurriedly scribed as if with some urgency to somewhere else

Gently tracing its contours with my index finger

Whilst my eyes adjust to the light that once was

Eyelids heavy with the panic of exhaustion

I silently mouth each letter as it forms demons emanating from the paintwork

Crackled to display the raw layers of my past

As my veins shift to accommodate a new intrusion

I spit the bile as it wells in my mouth

Taking time to deliberately form the words the letters traced reveal

In the name of my parents choosing

I say the name I was given

And fall into remission of the life I spent was my own


© 2013 Adrian AIDZ Giannini

 

 

 

No comments: