Friday, October 11, 2013

11.37pm

I weep as the muses passes into the light

 

I sit

Coated in psychedelic rivers

Streaming from wrists sliced with a rusty blade

I sit

Cross legged upon the floor

Smothered in dreams lost surrounded by colour photographs

I sit

Embracing the warmth harnessed from the lack of a sun

Allowing eyelids to hang heavy for a final time

I sit

Carrying a heart heavy with sin

Jaded by time cracked into featureless mirrors

I sit 

Allowing forgiveness to wash my soul

As a candle flickers in my pocket 

I sit

Feeding the roses tattoo’d on my arm as acid has its way

Licking at the flesh as it devours my yesterday

I sit

As I die and watch my children grow beside my grave

Masking a silent ritual of death with a wry smile

I sit

As the corners of the room fade away

Holding back a jade tear as I know death is near

I sit

And I wait

As I hold onto life


© 2013 Adrian AIDZ Giannini

 

No comments: