Friday, August 30, 2013

Tattoo's n Gypsy's

Don't give upon  me now my muse


Pencil’d in my hand sketching all I see 

the soft graphite blends with parchment and sensibilities 

vistas that surround inspire a archaic reality

lost in a world of make believe

I find a place

that special place: you know the one

living a life that seems so unreal

An easy escape for me

between the blues and greens

And my heart

Leaving the several lifetimes behind

To the gleam of a memory in pain

 

What if the shadows bleed forever

As I watch helplessly on bended knee

Breathing in the smoke thats drifts in from the unseen

And I wash

Wash my hands in the blood of those

That have given their life for me

If only I could have seen their smiles

Lived in the obscene

Coated in liquorice and arsenic

I know I wont have to sing right

Except for the one

That knows my name

 

Tattoo’s n Gypsy's dripped in gasoline

Dance the night laced in gossamer 

And the one in black dressed like a queen

All eyes watch enviously held in the palm of a lifetime

From this place

Sight unseen

Left to run from another tomorrow

Left to the world

Haunted in the corners of disbelief

I find I can live inside each and everyones dream

Scattered in the leftovers of a thousand cigarettes

I can marry another if I cry my old face

 

Tomorrow I bleed



No comments: