Saturday, December 15, 2012

A single kiss in black reprise

The muse blesses me in the rain


I cannot feed
I cannot weep
My pleasure comes 
From the tip
Of a rusty blade
A single kiss in black

 

I taste of the addiction sweet

Senses alert for loose souls I lick air, taste

 

Set sail on seas looking for a heart blessed in ruby

Tattoo’d wings drift aimlessly lifting hope beyond

 

Touch life as I touch my skin

A single sin blesses me

 

In tomorrows heartbeat I can count again

Suicide disbelievers coated on an angels wing

 

Inject silver nitrate into my breath and veins

Coloured in mending tearing nails from blackened eyes

 

I wish you where here now to kiss the sunset with me

In the pit of my stomach I fear goodbyes

 

Lay me to rest on the bosom of a gypsies gasp

Till I can feel again

 

Taste the skin from the rust

Life let it slip

 

A single kiss in black




9 comments:

Laurie Kolp said...

Lay me to rest on the bosom of a gypsies gasp... I love that line. Great poem Adrian!

WabiSabi said...

Amazing imagery in your words. The gypsies gasp caught me and carried me through the rest of the poem to it's mysterious ending. I must return to reread!

Abin Chakraborty said...

loved the idea of kissing the sunset together.but on the whole i liked the original black kiss better.

Susan said...


Such a moving poem--feeling this, how could one care that the kiss may be the kiss of death? Frighteningly inviting.

Adrian, congratulations on this poem. But I did not post this here and wonder how it got on my timeline?

I took it off my timeline!

Brian Miller said...

in tomorrows heartbeat i can count again....great line that man...intense and gritty as ever...the gypsies gasp, nice touch as well...

Unknown said...

powerful write... dark with a hint of romance and wonder.. I love it.

Audrey Howitt aka Divalounger said...

I am always struck with how wonderful your work is A--this in particular just sang to me--

Scarlet said...

Lovely to read your share ~

I specially like this line:

Lay me to rest on the bosom of a gypsies gasp

Other Mary said...

I like this very much. So many good sensory descriptions. Like everyone I like the 'bosom of a gypsies gasp' bit, and I also like the line, 'A single sin blessed me'.