Saturday, October 27, 2012

Walk this walk alone

I soothe the muse, be still sweet muse


Suckle gently from womanly teat

As white fades softly into black

softly

Jewels that are faceted on far horizons

Belie the quality in Jade eyes

 

A simple pleasure less regret

Alluring as summers sweet breath

Come

Taste of love

Taste of lust

Sing of these sweet lips

 

Take the time

To savor

Search

Quest the taste

Parts on a subtle drift

 

I must have been walking alone

Lift in the mirrors and song

Whisper

Pictures that have no face

I wont remember

 

Tranquil the noise that emanates

There is no road to cast a stone

Silently

You were looking for a way out

I cannot let you walk alone

As I

6 comments:

kaykuala said...

You were looking for a way out
I cannot let you walk alone
As I

The ending is classic, Adrian! There is that element of wanting to share the bother and pain, may be with someone dear!

Hank

Jinksy said...

I'll drink to muses everywhere...

Barbara said...

Not so easy to soothe the muse! This poem has a surreal cadence to it and I love it. Especially like that I needed to reread!

Audrey Howitt aka Divalounger said...

An elegant write A--especially your last stanza--beautifully done

Brian Miller said...

and perhaps in your closure you are neither alone any longer, if for no other reason than they to never feel what you felt...

Laurie Kolp said...

This is great... I really enjoyed the ending!