Friday, September 14, 2012

Sober

With a cherished heart I gift the muse


Can I find

My peace of mind

Laying with the dead

 

If I try

Appease the soul

Listening in the whispers

 

Drinking words

As they fall upon a stage

In slivers of silver

And colours of the sun

Dreams blend mischievously

Into one

 

I listened

I wept

I drowned in the solitude

Cut my skin to pieces again

 

I drink the rust

Let it slip

Encrusted in fragments of tone

Cuts deep

Scaring my skin

 

Let it bleed

Let me bleed free

 

My sin stains the earth

Covered in butterflies

 

I breathe again


8 comments:

Sayantini said...

I loved it very much...so expressive, so vivid, so descriptive.


http://sayantini-bhattacharya.blogspot.in

Cad said...

In slivers of silver and colours of the sun...

I could wish my words would be as beautiful.

Kerry O'Connor said...

You have worked the cutting image into the lines very well, and linked it to the emotional content.

Scarlet said...

Sober or not, your words cut through the pages...good work ~

Susan said...

"Drinking words"
"Scaring my skin"
Too much contrition Thank God, that it ends with Breath after stating with a Desire for Death!

Unknown said...

I read this earlier and felt compelled to return and read it again. Fortunately, i can comment in a different form. I am impressed by manner in which you make great pain and angst accessible without being overwhelming to the reader. Not easily done.

Brian Miller said...

great mix of the hard and soft...the cutting...the blood and the butterflies....some hard feeling in this...the laying with the dead to hear their whispers was a strong visual as well...

Claudia said...

wow..the butterfly image touched me..bleeding free...breathing again..tight imagery adrian