Tuesday, July 10, 2012

softly softly

I drink the muse a cup of skin


Softly sketched in charcoal and life

A single strand demurely stands

All that holds a passionate will

Drawn in likeness upon the wind

 

Softly

Softly

 

Beckon to a call

Resonate wistful heart strings

A single silken feather falls

Upon the shadow of us all

 

Singularity in plurals

Breeds upon the breeze

Softly now come to me

Let one kiss upon these lips

 

If I could take a rose

A carve upon your name

It would be tomorrows tonight

Open up my tattoo’d wrist

And bleed upon the sand

 

Look upon these eyes

Read the tome of words born gold

In silence gifted upon a soul

I utter not a word

 

Softly

Softly

 

Hold a heart thats dear

Cast in silver and chiastolite

Believe it to never go

And bleed for me a silent word

 

In silence we treasure

 

Softly 

Softly

 

Serenity captured in dreams

 

Softly 

Softly

 

A gift lifted upon a thought

 

Softly softly

 

And a thought touched upon a silvered tongue


6 comments:

Desert Dreamer said...

Beautifully written, it leaves me with a peaceful feeling.

Claudia said...

you had me with the cup of skin already...loved singularity in plurals..the tatto'd wrist..and in silence we treasure..beautiful images and a tender pen

Brian Miller said...

its a bit of beautiful madness man...and def filled with longing....written in your own fantastical voice...

Gemma Wiseman said...

Some hushed, lyrical romance evolving with a haunting, "softly" refrain!

Scarlet said...

First to last stanza ...beautiful. I like the refraining of softly...

Anonymous said...

Ah, the pen and mind have tinted a glow...a softness...a pearl in my heart...beautiful! xoxo