Sunday, July 1, 2012

regardless

Blackened in harmony the muse bows her head


No intents to cold when I bring you in from the rain

Shoulder past burdens on the head of a screw

Capture a lifetime in the glint of your eye

Travel backwards into the gleaming 

Watch the sun set on a lifetime of miscarried beginnings

Spend my time drying angles sorrows on the corner of a handkerchief

Embossed with an initial of the one who shall not be forgotten

Give me a reason to try as you turn the page on something new

 

Its all good reasons I bring you here

To this place

Left alone in my mind

By my side

To believe the impossible

 

I brush a cheek

WIth the backside of my fingers

As a change in the season

Whispers a breeze on your heart

Its only a choice 

In the make believe

 

I close my eyes

Colours flicker the names

Scribed in sans script

Upon the ache in my bones

 

Subtle doubts ingratiate my redemption

Lifted on every fourth and fifth flame

Screams raise to the heavens in droplets of crystal clear

Its time for the shadows to fall in the twilight of theatre

Scattered like a playground in the hands of a lazy springtime

Twelve long stemmed roses petaled in black adorn the rusty gate

Purposefully stride in other directions to the glistening hue

And I look to see that my love is still here


8 comments:

Kerry O'Connor said...

Behind all the dark imagery there is a tenderness which lifts the poem into the realm of damn good love poetry.

Anonymous said...

Always a light side to the darkness penned and you reel with it all love, truly so, amazing poem xoxo

TALON said...

Tender and dark in equal measure...reminding me of someone returning to a love long past.

Daydreamertoo said...

Yes, even though dark in some places it is nonetheless, beautiful imagery. I'm glad her love is still there too.

hedgewitch said...

Its time for the shadows to fall in the twilight of theatre

That really hit me AG--the whole poem is full of startling images, and also of phrases full of meaning and resonance, but that one got under my personal guard. I like the form here also, the beginning and ending rich and complex, the middle stanzas simple and striking.

Scarlet said...

Poignant images here of miscarried beginnings and change of the season ~ Still the ending is one of hope and loving memory of a dozen petaled roses ~

Claudia said...

great images here..esp. loved..Spend my time drying angles sorrows on the corner of a handkerchief..also scribed in sans script..

Brian Miller said...

dang fine poetry sir...that whole last stanza is rife with excellent lines...the theatre, the playground...the last look....nice...i like the feel as well...though gritty its love as well...