Thursday, July 26, 2012

I warm myself in the sun

I dance with the muse and a sharpened blade


Scared with razor blades 

Dipped in rusted chrome

I carve sacred butterflies

Through acid stained skin

 

Following imaginary pattens

Like words penned in sans script 

A filigree of morbid creations

Tinged in sallow regret 

 

Vicarious rivers of blood tint my dreams

Tracing the visions with sharpened nails

And a tongue glistening red

Laps at the refuge pilled on the cinder path

Time in glinting eyes capture death

 

I continue cutting butterflies

Dipping toes in a smell sulphuric

Hearing the laugh of my demons

Listening through my eyes

 

Exhaled in a jaded sin

Harlequin’d jezebels dance on shadows

Born of desires unborn

Bow in a sorrowful morn

 

Pluck a name from chaliced thought

Carve it deep into the skin

Blunted blades course no more

Hacking nails suffice in time

 

Drawn to the end of dance

All held within is now without

Sculpted of sinew and fettled bone

A butterfly warms itself in the sun

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Spot on with this write-up, I really think this website wants far more consideration. I'll probably be again to learn way more, thanks for that info.

Anonymous said...

I observed your blog using google and I must say, this is most likely one of the greatest nicely ready articles I have come across in a long time. I've bookmarked your site for more posts.

Abin Chakraborty said...

chalice thought and harlequin'd jezebels...superb stuff.laceratingly good.

Daydreamertoo said...

Loves exquisite agony and ecstasy. Can't have one without the other. Dark and yet, there is always the evolving butterfly.
Beautifully penned Aidz

Scarlet said...

The textures and sensations of carving and cutting the butterflies are well done....I thought the ending line was superb too...

Laurie Kolp said...

Lovely, vivid piece.

Brian Miller said...

def you bring the grit as always but...i like that you are carving butterflies...they make for an interesting contrast...and against some unseen stencial as well...tight closure too man

Archna Sharma said...

Wow, I love the maze you take us through here, especially the realization in the thought that "all held within is now without". The tone is natural, idealistic, and visceral and I like that it is brought full-circle in the contentment in the decisions made. The ending makes me think of all of the beautiful order conceived through chaos. Love that! Wonderful writing here, nice to meet you!