Thursday, March 22, 2012

I waited all so long

Care to share muse?

 

Can I be the one

Wrapped

In a petroleum blanket

of Flames

Your loneliness

makes me

Sweat

When all I can

do

is bleed

Breathe

Scorching

the cinder path

As ebony teeth

loosen

And I tear

Yellowed nicotine stained

fingernails

from the roots

of

extended

Talon’d fingers

tattoo’d

in Swirls

Living life

comforted in

strangers

Drink in

Eclectic

electric

cognitive realities distort

perceived

blurring in visions

through the eyes

coloured in waves

of the

ocean

And I

breathe

And I

bleed

And I

scream

6 comments:

Claudia said...

wow...strong...the fingernail part is esp. well textured...and then the closure...
And I
breathe
And I
bleed
And I
scream.... oh i know how this feels...
good job adrian

Audrey Howitt aka Divalounger said...

Wracked with emotion, but tightly structured--loved the end especially

Anonymous said...

Your words call forth many demons and angels at the same time...they balance this journey of life in myriad forms, as always good sir, a pleasure xoxo

Brian Miller said...

dang...very visceral pain in this...when all is over come and all we have left is to breathe and bleed and ache...felt piece man....

Semaphore said...

The staccato lines and wrenching emotion you're trying to convey are vaguely reminiscent of Alan Ginsberg's inimitable 'Howl'.

Semaphore said...

The staccato lines and wrenching emotion you're trying to convey are vaguely reminiscent of Alan Ginsberg's inimitable 'Howl'.