Thursday, March 29, 2012

Drink Ink

The muse and I hold hands and watch the sun set

 

I soak in the carcinogenic dust that blackens my eyes

You say you don't wanna play

Well that aint good enough as a twist becomes

A turn

A twist

Cracked

A twist

Waysted

My death belies another state while a look in the mirror

Will not help me

Or you

As I work in these fingers

Beneath the layers of skin and plead upon the floor

You pray?

Light another cigarette

Do you pray?

Peel the crackled paint upon the wall

Do

You

Pray?

Lick the powdered plaster

From under

Bleeding nails

Taste

Taste again

Can you imagine all this pain and suffering

Taste

Taste again

Can you imagine what you put me through

This is a story for someone else

I wipe the blackness from my eye

I wipe again

I taste

That that is black

N pray

Taste the ink

That blackens

This heart

Taste the ink

Drink in that is me

Drink in all that I can be

Drink in all that I will be

Drink

Ink


No comments: