Saturday, February 11, 2012

If this is living

I would cradle the muse in my arms, if I could

 

I take a walk in the moonlight as tears of silver drip from the moon

To feel a moment of pain to see if Im alive would be far to soon

This isn't where I was planning on being to look on the faces of everyone

Cloudy dreams envelope me now as I sleep another trip upon the sidewalk

Listen for the bustle of a thousand hungry demons

While they bleed in my pockets and steal my life

Slipped into an unconventional coma where Im dead again

I can hide from the world that beckons and plays with the hurt that Ive made

I wish I died today as I listen to the music that I played

Sweet naivety cannot pretend to be as I slide from a different light

Locked down on the juice and check my keys at the door

I often wonder if this lie was a fucken waste of time

Symptoms of an expendable transition tread this that is life

Bud and ripen on the trees, so eat from the bitterness

Feed upon the single doubts wrapped in a miserable trust

Take my love away as it burns of acid and smells of morning glories

Drifted in on the rains you will celebrate my life, weep

Promises will wish all that is silver will turn to glass

Leave me now with a raised conscience clear

I take another step into the cataclysmic and follow the white rabbit

Draw another harlequined breath from the cobbled keepers

I always wore my tattoo’d heart on my sleeve covering the scars of disbelief

Maintained fragments of dignity that would wash upon the shore

Held a tongue out and tasted the salt of the moon as it dripped silver tears of regret


1 comment:

Claudia said...

dang..deep emotions in this...the love burning of acid and smelling of morning glories...the harlequined breath from the cobbled keepers...the tattoo'd heart...scars of disbelief...great images..felt