Tuesday, February 28, 2012

And you ask why?

and fuck you too muse lol

 

 

Who are we that wear the emerald crown

Sinners not forgiven of simple misdoings

A key to help unlock the silver reflections

I learn to rhyme and dance in words

While this loneliness is killing me

Incomprehensible consequences lie in puddles

Tears I cry fall upward and colour the moon

Refrained memories tasted in polaroids

Litter darkened corners of the room

As my mothers son I believe and pretend

Tomorrow a yesterday ends in the mindful

Never will they say a good word spoken with split tongues

An empty plate feeds a troubled beleaguered soul

Mournful prophets weep from a heartfelt choir

Will I ever sing alone again

Back to the beginning of it all

Wearing black is the costume

Second skin to the new becoming

Cower with me as I hide within its shadows

Turn and happily say “fuck you all”

1 comment:

hedgewitch said...

So been there--I almost felt like I was looking in a mirror--not to take one word away from the personal expression here--just saying you made me realize that there are plenty of places in my youth I don;t want back. Fine and heartfelt writing.