Sunday, January 15, 2012

In time

The muse and I drink to the past and what will become

 

Paint me a photograph

With a kiss

The bullet explodes in my head

And I drink away the night

Puff away another cigarette

Perched on the eve of this destruction

Or this bar

As she sells razorblades

From the corner of her mind

While the shadow of the posies

Casts a shadow on her grave

All the while laughing at the killing joke

Life sweetens this revenge

Some semblance of doubt

Allows me to remonstrate

With the memory of her voice

Clearly chattering in my head

Selfless summers

Move what once was a heart

Simmering in the colour of blood

And she lies

Beneath the ground

Tangled in the roots

Smile never to be found

I drink again

Smoke another cigarette

Raise this glass in toast

Knowing

In time we will meet again


5 comments:

Audrey Howitt aka Divalounger said...

Your muse has been active Aidz--I always get such a great set of visuals off your work--loved this--

@AudreyHowitt

hedgewitch said...

A tight sharp circle through some bitter images and emotions--many fine lines.

Claudia said...

As she sells razorblades
From the corner of her mind... your metaphors are sharp like razorblades as well mr. oz..and your muse seems to be quite of an extravagant sort..

Brian Miller said...

damn...hard images but spun so well...i like...she sells razorblades

From the corner of her mind

ouch...nice grit....

Pat Hatt said...

Love the bit of grit you added into your verse the razorblade line was great.