Friday, January 20, 2012

All she ever wanted

The muse gives me a silver ring

 

We all have a tale to tell

On the road of broken dreams

Each one special

In their own words

To the teller of the tale

A broken circle

A beating to the heart

Someones lost for good

Forever a souls set free

An addiction to the bottle

The needle

The wheels that roll down the highway

Can run no more

As I listen to the words

Spilling from the bottom of the bottle

And I call another round

Red rimmed and bloodshot

The smoke gets in my eyes

I scratch the 3 day growth

And cough

As Ive told this tale before

And Ill tell it again

And I will listen to yours

Silently acknowledging

The words of woe

From another lost bandit

Skimmed on the way to nowhere

Asking is this the way to hell

Sipping the cheap Tequila

Burns as the one before

And the one before that

Silently tonguing the hole in my shoe

Squinting at the smoke haze

Hoping it will be alright in another morning

Always feels the same as before

All she ever wanted

Was to dream


No comments: