Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I seek not

The muse coats this write in barbs as we should not seek sympathy from simplicity

 

I draw into your dreams

Squinting through the sockets of my hooded jade eyes

Wrap them in silver around my cortex of eons

Leaking simple phrases of love from my ears

Coating the gold of my earrings in jewels of cocaine

As you sniff condolences on the posies of daises in your nimble shaking hands

Pupils enlarged to encourage sympathy from others unknown to you

Suffered in a falsehood of vanities and self serving writings

Scattered as treasures drifted in the snow

A murder of crows shadow and darken your corner

Caw cawing in unison attracting the flow

Humbled am I to speak not of mine

Drifted in on a blackened wing

Held close to this heart be not of yours

Or shared of others

In this thing we call prose

Things we should not seek of

For glory of this or ours

No comments: