Friday, June 28, 2013

with bitter skin

from the muses lips I taste salvation


Bring my heart down from this harvest moon

Feeling strange, a sense of possession

My warm hands buried in the ground, taste the dirt on my tongue 

Several autumn leaves cascade downwards, mottled picks of a different hue

Past my eyes, visions of yesterdays glories drift away

Will this fervent intense display of affection leave me

Left on my own to listen to the peace, between the static 

Sparkles of light, almost so real I can capture them

I would never have left you on your own

Till the shadows between the words left unsaid, bled

And I scream

Till no-one hears

Until the vibrancy leaves your eyes

Coloured in jade with a hint of life

Kiss the serpent on the lips of his hissssssss

Taste the meth as it settles on my lips

Chemically enhance breath rots the memories of a foolish winter

A far cry from what I was told about you

Lie my dear as I take the life from you in segments of gossamer

Kiss you goodbye once again

Kiss

Selfish bitch

With bitter skin

I kiss you a last goodbye


© 2013 Adrian AIDZ Giannini

 

 


1 comment:

Brian Miller said...

dark...the meth...serpent on the lips....its painful and evocative...the screams can be heard...the emotion runs right off your words...