Wednesday, June 5, 2013

the spaces in between

sometimes I can feel the muse even when she is not here


sometimes Im feeling a little less tattered

and torn 

than yesterdays dreams 

leaving me lying on the floor 

in a pool of my own heartbreak

I kiss less fragrant air

think back to once that was there

from the spaces in between

I see you there now

In the shadows

hope

you can feel my heart

in the days before

reach beyond with yearning

a lonely finger

touches thin air

brushes the leaves

from between the spaces

lay me down again

feel the warmth left before

let me touch the sun

silver be my memories

I want to close my eyes

sleep unbroken

kiss you again

if my lips could reach

the spaces in between


2 comments:

Abin Chakraborty said...

such passionate yearning.beautifully penned.

Brian Miller said...

poignant seems to be the word others are using, it must be.