Saturday, January 5, 2013

Butterflies Breath

The muse holds a shimmer


Every street light showers an addiction in neon

If this hope for you was to come back, is gone

Dressed in skin I couldn't weave enough to loose

Chipped in black, torn nails hang from my fingers

Eyes glazed in shadows live through the dawn

 

Tears, scream in the breeze as tomorrow falls 

Crazed, crackled Jade as your eyes say sorrow is mine

Plead in fuken forgiveness as a shallow lament is yours

SImple as it may be, I can forgive a denial of blood

Sleep in an alcoholic haze as summers drift on by

 

I cannot choose fear

Live in the sun

Walk away from others as they hold out a hand

Pick the scabs until they bleed

Stain my skin in hues of blood

Forget the path you walk

One you can remove

WIth a nod

And a choice

A better life lays 

Captured in a dragons breath

And folded paper

While I live and die

Tipped by a rusty blade

Sliced in a vein

Silhouetted in oblique

Against the obscure

As a twist in ten saves me

But not the sun

 

A dream will carry a silence born

Several steps upon a crooked pavement echo arrival

Waft a feather of forgiveness upon a blessed soul

Count the shadow of lies in scars upon my flesh

Look upon the scars as I follow you

 

Im having trouble as I try to sleep

I open heavy eyes to a day just before

Left alone again in a crocked spine adjusting to delirium

Silence beckons peace unlike before I dream of death

In silence I kiss the butterflies breath




2 comments:

Brian Miller said...

this has a really cool rhythm...and nice pace adjustments too...i rather like the cascade bit in the middle as it quickens...and then to you close which i would whisper...

Unknown said...

The flow is fabulous, speeding and slowing in tune with word choice and emotion. This evokes meth-addict images galore. Really well done.