Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Choices

I can chase the muse yet I can never hold her


Heal the warmth from a caressing sun as shadows pass by this window

Close heavy eyelids that contemplate life drifting on the song

Deep breath drawn then exhaled slowly for affect lest it wake the demons

 

Have you ever drifted on a song ?

Clouded in grays 

A heartbeat solitary in the breeze

Rested in the forevermore?

 

To far you have wandered without the rhythm to accompany a lonely path

Footfall raises dust like the soulless leave nothing of their passing in the wind

Its a lot to look back on when I must find my soul held in the crimson palm of a lonely hand

 

Have you ever just rested?

Hidden by the shadows

Listened to a solitary heartbeat

Forever in this time?

 

This I know has woven intricate patterns on the walls in blood of me

I begin to understand the choices I have made make me who I am in masks of uneven men

Regret the decisions held in the hands of others though I have the final say

 

Have you ever?

Listened...

Just listened...

To the choices you made

Sadly in gray



No comments: