Saturday, May 5, 2012

Then you lie

How do you tell the muse its over?


Suffer these petulant shadows as they roll down in the half dimmed hallway following my every move as silken light falls from between my fingers staining my well worn levi’s in patches of iridescent incantations leaving worms to burrow into my knees burnt in criss crossed burdens from the smoke that drifts from the Frey the bringer of a sodden undercurrent in aqua and teal spread in a creep and fall rolling down the tears that expend it all in the mirth of guns that birth and pray in a bowl of filth that the dogs of war lap from a saucer of milk left for the witches cats sickening in a brazen hope that befalls when I come to you and paint an oblique disguise on this mask that hides mystic lies drudged in the cold outside of the window left ajar as the breeze settles on ashen temples scattered in broken remnants of temples cast in a bringer of wings singed in brass less oxidised in a reminiscent honeysuckle I smelt the day before yesterday brought about the need for my death

 

A kiss on the lips is more of an afterthought 

 

I kiss

 

And move on

4 comments:

Abin Chakraborty said...

This was fascinating. a stream-of-conscious prose poem that begins in a liturgical vein but goes the opposite way is a rarity.let the innovations continue.and do turn off the word verification.

Scarlet said...

Vivid and rapid fire images from your pen...then the last three lines to create movement...I must say though that the opening question is thought provoking ~

Unknown said...

I agree with Heaven, rapid fire was the impression I got as well, almost like a very surreal at times stream of consciousness piece. Very cool piece. Thanks

Anonymous said...

This is a favourite form for me...I find it can open doorways and this has, ten fold...
So many images here that weave a vivid portrayal of something grasped and yet there is always, as in your work, a depth that reels the subconscious to another level...
Profound darlin and really sparks the imagination, your work has not only been a journey for yourself but I believe it has also been a journey for those who have read you over the weeks/months/years xoxo