Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Faded curtains

The muse shares a memory


Erased from this are the mistakes 

Inscribed on my wrist is your name

One thousand heartbeats held in silk

 

Its always about the little things 

Drink in the hope that gets you down

Life is not embraced in chains

 

Simplify the beginnings that are pulsed in a seminal flow

We are changing the windows forgotten on the frame

Im not so far away living in the shadows cast in variances of grey

 

Solitude populated in the songs sailing through my head

Hauntingly a butterfly winged in black shifts a memory

Somebody told me today I missed a tear

 

Covered are the emotions of different faces

Lived out in the night

Lived out in the rain

 

To say I kissed a lipstick stained collar

To say I dreamt of you today

To say I had a lot to say

Left to the breeze ruffling the faded curtains 

I just wanted to say.....

 

Im sorry

5 comments:

Brian Miller said...

smiles...that end is heart felt man...my fav line in this is...

We are changing the windows forgotten on the frame

because to me that speaks of changing view points...really nice beat and flow in this...and several really stand out lines...

Mary said...

Stunning poem really. I like the ending of "I'm sorry." When I read THAT, I had to reread the whole poem again.

hedgewitch said...

Another luminous and tender piece, AG--this one makes my throat catch a little--especially the last lines, but the whole poem has great coherence and even tenor.

Scarlet said...

I like the details of this solitude and mistakes and finally the last line of Im sorry ~

Lovely share ~

Anonymous said...

Beer in hand...cigarette ready for an inhalation...god damn Adrian! Mouth still ajar...
"One thousand heartbeats held in silk"....superb line...
"Somebody told me today I missed a tear"....no words to express this imagery!
A poem that is deeply and I mean deeply etched into my senses...and shhhhhhhh...a tear blessed this poem by a humble flower in the uk in the early hours of their insomnia....outstanding! xoxo