Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Will you Pray for me?

The muse remembers what it means

 

Why shadow this heart in oblique desires

Encrusted in gilded silver

Let the rain ring down

Drowning

Feathering the insane

In a coagulated future

Affirmation from the dreams

That were never spent

Never sent

While this madness barks

From beneath these blessed layers

Of tainted

Inked

Skin

Fragmented unfoldings dipped in translucent blues

Listening to the screams of those who want to die

I will paint these colours in a different hue

Sable haired promises

Clasped in the mouths that are dry

Tourniquets tighten around the truth

Whisper silence from the depths of a breath

Awaken my dear and look at tomorrow

Skinned in persimmon upon the cloud

Pray for the sinners

Pray for the black motorcade

Pray for the sins that Ive made

Live in this skin and tell me what its like to begin

Simple in sorrow

Porcelain pictures decorate my arms

A shadow crosses my vision

Slowly

I begin to die

I lay and let the rain caress

Eyelids resting gently together

Content

That the bridges Ive crossed

I burnt today

4 comments:

Unknown said...

For those that comment and tak ethe time to read, i thank you

Brian Miller said...

no turning back eh? smiles...nice penning...may the rain bring you comfort in your passing...smiles. i'd still pray for you...

and i really like the make over on your place man...

hedgewitch said...

Really like this--I was savoring lines in every stanza that seemed to come from that other realm of the muse from which we get our best stuff telegraphed to us--going wish I'd gotten that one. 'coagulated future..' and 'tomorrow skinned in persimmon upon the cloud' just for openers. Yeesh. Plus the whole poem has the feel of an intact autonomous living entity, not just little jewels of phrase on a rack. Fine work,AG,

Anonymous said...

Blindingly covered in ribbons of velvet texture with razor sharp perception!
Immense balance throughout this whole piece and I have to say, I have noticed of late that the summing up of your poetry is something extremely awe inspiring, you create a landscape of emotion...let it reel and then take the reader through forests they sometimes do not wish to enter...all summed up with a bite after the tease....
Powerful piece love xoxo