Thursday, April 26, 2012

A sober heart

Exposed the muse never smiles


Shall I blacken my face with the soil of where I arose, rebirth’d in flames

Stains blemished in scars mirror the refraction you see in these eyes

And look you shall for it is not your reflection you seek in this self respect

We can feel it growing on our palms as roots snake from the souls of our feet

All the while I drink wine from your breast mouthing the cupped teat 

Seeking solace in the shadowed tomorrows as they roll silently from the grave

Silent in observation he looks upon wishing from the balcony

of the castle

of a sober heart

With a wish of a last kiss stumbled upon in the edge of time

 

Tattoo’d in inks of vermillion stained in acid upon the rains

I rise to my feet and shake the pain away unwrapped in a shimmer

Glance chanced in a minute of time unreadily knowing all that will be today

Passing the humanity as it leaves its residue whisked upon the insanity of a smoky saloon

Millenniums pass in the long lashed blink of a ravens caw

I think in plurals of three and drink to the breast that nurtured me

 

Scurried beasts lurk beneath my feet leaching paranoid delusions

Laughing from the corners of the room signalling the end of beginnings

Recurrent dreams signal a voodoo curse tipped from the drop of hat

We all dance in circles reminiscent of my lovers sitting on the bench

Crowded by the jaded and friends in the night

He looks on

Still sitting

Wishing

from the castle

of a sober heart

 

I dream

I wish

with a sober heart

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Know what sums this piece up for me, aside from it being fantastic!?

"All the while I drink wine from your breast mouthing the cupped teat
Seeking solace in the shadowed tomorrows as they roll silently from the grave"

Says it all - blistering hon! xoxo