Saturday, December 10, 2011

You tell me you want the sun

I give the muse a promise to believe

 

You tell me you want the sun

Burning candlelight

Flickering dreams

Shadows paint ominous pictures

Winged in feathers of grey

Skip and play on the stucco

I will give you what I can

Out of sight

Out of mind

I can only give the rest of my life

Fragile as its worn

Draped as a delicate fine gold chain

Catching light

Melting as breath licks each link

While you move to capture warmth

Simple pleasure gives you more

Ever wanted

Ever needed

Drink the suicide

Tipped on the tongue

Of a bloodied receiver

Snared barbed in wire

Silver coated

Wrapped in a corset

Of a common man

Not an angel

As you would believe

Given salvation

Given light

Given hope

Given love


Poets Rally week 58

http://promisingpoetsparkinglot.blogspot.com/2011/12/agreement-for-thursday-poets-rally-week.html

 

5 comments:

Marbles in My Pocket said...

Beautiful write. Very nicely done!
http://charleslmashburn.wordpress.com/2011/12/14/a-thousand-candles/

Maxwell Mead Williams Robinson Barry said...

powerful word flow.
Cheers.

Chèvrefeuille said...

Nice poem, thank you for sharing.
Come and visit my haiku-blog.

Happy Rally!

rosie@travel-i-tales said...

Fresh imagery...I think this is brilliant.
Rosie

Anonymous said...

Wonderfully enchanting... I'm out of words!