Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A dream is but a memory

If Im quiet I can hear it

Rest in the cup of my hands

Eyelids droop

Pretty as the butterflies play

Listless on a summers day

Drink in the aqua blue

Serenade me on your fingertips

Pirouetting are the fairies

Glistening wings shimmer in the heat

Silver puffs blow away the gray

Its her I hear you say

Eyes adjust focus from the blur of sleep

White dressed in shadows

Fogged in textures

Held just out of reach

Perfumed in breath

Of lavender and heath

Trill of the song

Masks the footfall

Hummingbirds whistle along

My eyes follow the disturbance in air

Refracted in a memory

Wishing you where really there

Living less satiated

Than the beginning of this day

Lulled back into sleep

I wake in the knowing

A dream is but a memory

No comments: