Sunday, April 20, 2014

Reflections

Crying yourself to sleep as a forgotten yesterday closes in
Acid dipped and toxic chrome glistens in blood 
Discarded you leave a light on to save from stepping on glass
Syringes littler another day scratching your name on the wall
Somewhere a scream is carved in a distant memory
I cannot remember when I heard your name whispered in my ear

Listen 
Hush my sweet 
Buried in your skin is a key to this belonging

Chance be taken as I drift into severed dreams
Gritty is the kiss on lipstick lips painted scarlet like words scrawled on the mirror
"Death becomes hypnotic resolutions"
Laughter 
Mocking the shadows as they close into my being

Hush 
Listen to the voices in my hand

Travel the carousel in its never ending journey passing angels on my side
To change a fragment in time when the hands have passed
Eloquent words fall on ears with no sound 

Begin
Begin again

Pure emotion overtakes the maligned thoughts crawling the ceiling
Fractures envelope every corner 
Every sentence uttered begins again 
Every syllable hides the true thought as you begin to grow again
 
 

No comments: