Saturday, June 23, 2012

If I had a hope

I shield my eyes as the muse watches on


I stare into the sun

Wondering if theres one thing I will miss

Settle on a meaning less than pure

In good time silence will soothe this tragic heart

 

From these bloodied hands

I clutch these knives tinged in vermillion

Torn from the promises left to blame

Shadowed in a tormented and sacred confession 

 

Letting go of all these fears

Resonant the cascading of steel upon the hearthstone

Dreams that live in silence distort the reality

Left alone to stare into the sun again

 

Sing to me of the five songs of the minstrel

Chorused of hallelujah in the plain skin

A left hand open pointed to the earthen fall 

Rivers of blood soak into the thirsty soil

 

From beneath and above

A farthing rests upon its edge

Tipping neither this or that 

Resting on the sunlight coloured in grey

7 comments:

Gemma Wiseman said...

The sun, the music, the shadow and the fears create a painterly insight into a wrestling soul!

Kerry O'Connor said...

This seems to search for hope in a hopeless environment, perhaps to be found by staring into the sun and longing for the voice of an angelic chorus...

Abin Chakraborty said...

there's a definite Macbeth-like atmosphere here with the bloody knives, pools of blood, dark nightmares and so on. intriguing read.

Scarlet said...

This is a lovely song of the minstrel while staring into the sun, hands soaking the thirsty soil ~

Nice to read it in RT ~

Anonymous said...

Hmm, thought I had commented on this masterpiece :)
Its a poem that for me that speaks as one of your best love...shows the fragility to the human side...
Contains external power also, you hit the heart with this one xoxo

Brian Miller said...

I clutch these knives tinged in vermillion

Torn from the promises left to blame

Shadowed in a tormented and sacred confession

my fav part...first i love vermillion....second its got great rhythm....and some wicked imagery in it man...

Claudia said...

i too liked vermillion and the sing to me of the five songs of the minstrel..wicked cool